Nakuru Town West MP Samuel Arama has lauded education stakeholders in his Constituency for ensuring smooth KCPE and Grade 6’s KPSEA exams.
The pro-education Lawmaker noted that there has not been any incident in Nakuru West during the examination period.
He attributed this to the good coordination among stakeholders.
“We thank all the stakeholders; teachers, the parents, Sub County education officers and religious leaders for ensuring smooth examination period. There was no any single incident in our Schools and we thank God for the discipline and ample time” stated Arama.
Arama who has matters education in his Constituency at heart also congratulated Standard 8 and Grade 6 for completing their national exams in high spirit.
He vowed to ensure transition to the next level.
“Pongezi to all the Nakuru Town West Grade 6 and class 8 (KPSEA and KCPE) candidates for finishing your respective assessment test in high spirit” he said.
It should be noted that Nakuru Town West Constituency NG-CDF has been lauded for ensuring all children are in school through proper utilization of bursary.
Principal Secretary, State Department of Early Learning and Basic Education Dr.Julius Jwan has refuted media reports that some schools in Tiaty-Baringo and some parts of Turkana are in dire need of food for learners.
Speaking in Nakuru on Tuesday morning when he presided over the distribution of examination materials, Jwan stated that the reports were incorrect.
The PS stated that no school was facing such scenario as government has put in place measures to ensure learners get meals in school.
“I have seen some reports purporting that learners and teachers in some schools in Tiaty and Turkana are begging for food. I want to state here that there is nothing as such and you can even make calls to confirm. The Ministry has a program in place where we have ensured that learners get meals in school during this time of national examinations” he said.
On the issue of some centres in Eldoret and Bungoma having not received their examinations materials, Dr.Jwan Once again clarified that is not the case.
According to him the over 50 centres had been shut down during sometimes back and students registered in other centres hence no student has missed examinations.
“These are centres that had a few students and shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic hence students were transferred to other centres. So I can assure you that no candidate has missed exams” said Jwan.
Jwan who monitored the distribution of examination materials in Nakuru County lauded the role played by stakeholders in ensuring smooth exercise.
He called on parents who are worried about transition to Junior Secondary to be patient as Taskforce on CBC prepares to hand over report to President.
A private school in Nakuru is on spot for transferring and registering candidates in other schools contrary to their parents’ wish.
Residents took to social media on Sunday over the matter just before national examinations commenced decrying the move taken by the school.
The outcry drew the attention of Ministry of Education and investigations launched into the matter.
Speaking in Nakuru on Tuesday morning when he led multi-agency team in monitoring the distribution of examination materials to various centres, Education Principal Secretary Julius Jwan said investigations into the matter are complete.
He was quick to note that an action shall be taken once the report is submitted to the Ministry adding that it was illegal for a school to do such.
“You are aware of an incident in Nakuru where a private school decided to transfer candidates to other schools without the knowledge of the parents. The matter has been investigated and we shall take appropriate action since the school acted contrary to the Kenya National Examinations Council regulations” said Jwan.