There will be no issuance of Certificates of Good Conduct to 70 Form four candidates at Anestar Boys High school in Bahati subcounty of Nakuru County who were expelled following last Thursday’s night incident in which they broke into a girls’ dormitory in the nearby Anestar Precious Girls’ School.
Principal Secretary State Department of University Education and Research Amb.Simon Nabukwesi it is the policy of the Ministry to ensure good values are nurtured.
He said the Ministry will not allow them to be issued with the document until they show that they are remorseful for their actions.
The PS was speaking in Nakuru on Monday after witnessing the opening of examination container and supervising the distribution of the materials to various schools.
On Friday last week,Nakuru County Commissioner Erastus Mbui confirmed the expulsion of the 70 students from Anestar Boys High school in Bahati.
“We have expelled the 70 , 10 of whom are those who were arrested while the other 60 were intercepted in the morning” said the County commissioner.
He added that the move was reached to avert any disturbance to the other learners who have accepted to be in school.
According to Mbui,the 70 will now only be accepted in the school on the basis that they are candidates.
Their parents were notified to make arrangements where they can stay as they continue with their examinations.
“Their only consideration to enter the school is being candidates” stated Mbui.