The county Government of Nakuru has once again assured residents that there is no any single confirmed positive case of corona virus in Nakuru.
Addressing media on Saturday, Nakuru County CEC member for Health Doctor Gichuki Kariuki stated that all the three suspected cases that were at Nakuru Level 5 facility have all been tested negative.
He added that already they have been discharged from the facility.
“We want to confirm to the public that the test results of the remaining suspected cases at our isolation ward have turned negative and we have discharged them meaning there is no single positive case of corona virus in Nakuru” said Dr.Gichuki.
He once again called on members of the public to continue observing all the directives issued by the government.
The CEC commending members of the public for the continued support to the Ministry through the emergency numbers issued where they can report.
The CECM’s sentiments coming a time when the Kenya’s Ambassador to China Sarah Serem has conveyed a message of hope and encouragement to her compatriots as country held a national prayer day to seek divine intervention with the Ministry of Health having confirmed seven cases of corona virus so far.
In a video statement posted online, the envoy said Kenyans residing in China are safe and in good health.
“We have come a long way here in China, we are glad to announce that none of our citizens was infected by the deadly virus. We are grateful to the Almighty God for bringing us this far.”
“Fellow Kenyans, it is possible to subdue this deadly virus; China is almost there and I am confident that we can and we will overcome,” she said on Saturday.
Serem said the situation in China had totally changed after the government implemented stringent prevention measures aimed at realizing goals to stabilize and turn around the state of affairs.
China on Thursday marked a major milestone in its battle against the corona virus pandemic as it recorded zero domestic infections for the first time since the outbreak emerged late December, but a spike in imported cases threatened its progress.
The global pandemic had as at Saturday claimed 11,056 lives with African reporting the second death.
There are 900 cases in Africa.