The Pineapple fruit whose botanical name is (Ananas comosus) is delicious with many nutritional and healthy benefits.
Eating pineapples regularly helps in boosting immunity and helps in food digestion. The pineapple fruit also has enzymes that help the body to fight inflammation and diseases.
Pineapples can also be used to make beer at home. In South Africa, locals have resorted to this and the prices of pineapples have shot up exponentially in Johannesburg
As earlier said, it takes only three ingredients to make pineapple beer;
- 1 pineapple
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 litres water
- Peel the pineapples but do not throw away the peels.
- Cut the peeled pineapples into small pieces.
- Cut the peels into small pieces and combine with the pineapple pieces.
- Mix the cut pieces, add the water cover and leave to ferment for four days at room temperature.
- After four days, sieve to separate the liquid from the solid pieces and put into plastic bottles.
- Once it starts fizzling, store the plastic bottles in a fridge but release the top regularly to let out gas.
Drink the tropical beer before it becomes too much carbonated.