Education PS Dr. Jwan refutes media reports on starving Tiaty KCPE candidates

Principal Secretary, State Department of Early Learning and Basic Education Dr.Julius Jwan has refuted media reports that some schools in Tiaty-Baringo and some parts of Turkana are in dire need of food for learners.

Speaking in Nakuru on Tuesday morning when he presided over the distribution of examination materials, Jwan stated that the reports were incorrect.

The PS stated that no school was facing such scenario as government has put in place measures to ensure learners get meals in school.

“I have seen some reports purporting that learners and teachers in some schools in Tiaty and Turkana are begging for food. I want to state here that there is nothing as such and you can even make calls to confirm. The Ministry has a program in place where we have ensured that learners get meals in school during this time of national examinations” he said.

On the issue of some centres in Eldoret and Bungoma having not received their examinations materials, Dr.Jwan Once again clarified that is not the case.

According to him the over 50 centres had been shut down during sometimes back and students registered in other centres hence no student has missed examinations.

“These are centres that had a few students and shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic hence students were transferred to other centres. So I can assure you that no candidate has missed exams” said Jwan.

Jwan who monitored the distribution of examination materials in Nakuru County lauded the role played by stakeholders in ensuring smooth exercise.

He called on parents who are worried about transition to Junior Secondary to be patient as Taskforce on CBC prepares to hand over report to President.

 

Share thoughts

error: Content is protected !!