Nakuru Jubilee MCA Aspirant for Rhonda has refuted a section of reports in one of the local dailies that he was assaulted last year by unknown group terming the reports propaganda.
Addressing media in Nakuru in reference to the reports in the Friday local daily, Rhonda MCA aspirant Symon Mbugua refuted claims that he was assaulted.
According to the local Daily, Last November, three people were accused of assaulting the aspirant (Symon Mbugua), an issue the MCA aspirant now says is propaganda and will move to court not unless the local daily apologizes.
“I want to refute claims published in one of the local dailies that I was assaulted last year November. That is mere propaganda and if the writer will not withdraw the statement I will take legal measures” said Mbugua.
Meanwhile, Nakuru Jubilee Aspirants’ Caucus chair Dr. Abdul Noor has come out to defend Nakuru county Speaker over reports in a section of media that Jubilee Party aspirant was assaulted by a group of youths allied to County Assembly Speaker Susan Kihika.
Noor called on Nakuru citizens to shun leaders whom he termed are out with propaganda to mess up other leaders’ ambitions.
“We are calling on Nakuru residents to shun all leaders who are out with propaganda that cannot help us” he said.
The Nakuru Aspirants Caucus chair called on IEBC to ensure action is taken against any aspirant who is engaging in unethical issues.
He said Nakuru county is a cosmopolitan which requires leaders to foster peace and cohesiveness not through propaganda but through unity and not using the youths to create violence.
“What we want is peace, we cannot allow violent acts in Nakuru and that is why as aspirants we are calling on IEBC to ensure that action is taken against leaders who are out to mess others through propaganda”He said.
The two leaders were addressing media in Nakuru on Friday following reports in a section of the media that Biashara Ward Jubilee aspirant Hezron Manyara was allegedly assaulted by his political rivals.