The government has confirmed the release of thirteen people who had been kept in self-quarantine after they traveled from overseas and later traveled to different parts of Rongai sub County in Nakuru where they had separate isolation.
Confirming the good news, Rongai Deputy County Commissioner Ronald Mwiwawi said that all tests that were done on the thirteen have tested Negative of Covid-19 and they are now free to leave and interact with their families.
“I can confirm to members of the public that all is well.All tests that were done on the thirteen have tested Negative of Covid-19” he said.
The number come as the County Government of Nakuru health department is still doing testing of 119 people who have so far been traced as contact persons, returnees from abroad and Covid-19 suspects where out of 125 who had been quarantined, 6 tested negative and were released earlier this week.
This even as the the number of COVID-19 positive cases in Kenya has risen to 189 as by Friday.
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe said the addition was from 5 new cases after 504 samples were tested.
“We now have 189 confirmed as positive,” he told a news conference.
Ten people were discharged from hospital Friday, raising the total of people who have recovered in Kenya to 22.
Of the new infections, Kagwe said, all are Kenyans who were identified after 504 samples were tested since Thursday.
Only one of the new cases was flagged to have had a travel history to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), with Mombasa producing three of the infections and Nairobi and Nyandarua having one case each.
He said one of the cases was picked from the quarantine facilities with four retrieved from contacts who had interacted with infected people.
The age brackets of the five between the ages of 27 to 58.